Monday, October 17, 2011

Hiatus

hi·a·tus- a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.


Image via Dubliner

It is 2:15am where I am and I've been tossing and turning in bed for over an hour. In a previous post I mentioned that I have been re-evaluating how I spend my time. The end result of that process is that I have had to finally admit that I have too many projects. Consequently, nothing very constructive, helpful, or creative is getting accomplished. When I awaken in the middle of the night in a panic, I know there are too many things vieing for my time and attention.


Image via Like The Mermaid


So it is with much sadness anad reluctance that I must put The Creativity Greenhouse on hiatus. Don't get me wrong- I love working on The Creativity Greenhouse and have several posts almost ready and ideas for many more. And I love interacting with and getting to know my fellow activity professionals. But no, this isn't the only project going to the back burner. In fact, I'm sort of clearing the deck for awhile. My ability to do any one project (or responsibility) effectively has suffered the past month or so and my own creativity, humble as it was to begin with, is shot full of holes. One lesson in creativity is that it's important to say "No" sometimes. I simply cannot go into the holiday season feeling so flat and overwhelmed. Even thinking about trying to find the time for everything has been stressful. So for the sake of my family and my actual job, The Greenhouse will be on hiatus indefinitely though not forever. Thank you so much for your visits here. I honestly and sincerely appreciate every visitor who has stopped by the Greenhouse. If and when I can get things rolling again, I will definitely let you know via some of our other professional blogs and chats.


All of the links in the sidebar and posts on The Creativity Greenhouse are still active so please take advantage of those resources and I'll see you  on down the road in a bit.


Image via Seagoat Musings




No comments:

Post a Comment